Friday 29 April 2011

Happiness

Quote of the day....

Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it.- Groucho Marx

_________________________________________________________________________

Once an angry man insulted the Buddha. The Buddha simply asked the man if people ever visited him in his home. Surprised at the change of topic, the man answered yes.
The Buddha then asked if his visitors ever brought gifts. When the man replied yes again, the Buddha asked what would happen if he refused to accept the gifts? Who would the gifts belong to then? The man said that, of course, they would still belong to those who brought them.
The Buddha then calmly and kindly said, "In the same way, since I do not accept your insults, they remain with you."
Author - Unknown.


I love this story. I love the moral. The same theory can be said about any negative energy. If you choose to accept someone else's ..it becomes yours. If you choose not to accept it...it remains theirs.

<3







No comments:

Post a Comment