Friday 29 July 2011

Every day is an adventure.

I'm referring to my mind. It's a zoo in there! I'm certain I will, once again (somewhat), level out...but for now ...

I'm back to meditating. I'm not sure if that is a safe or even accurate thing to say as I've only meditated twice in three days. But it's a gigantic improvement and certainly a step taken. 

I've also started reading through the Buddhism course I signed up for a few weeks back. Lesson 2 was hard to concentrate on. It explained the different types of Buddhism and which is practiced where. Once I finished reading about the origin, and about Buddha himself, I lost all focus. I'll have to go back and reread it one day. But for today, I'll move on to lesson 3. 

I'm thankful yesterday is behind me. It was a rough one. No smoking though. Yay! My rational mind laughs at the idea of smoking to relieve any sort of mental and emotional discomfort. But when those moments hit, there is NO sign of my rational mind anywhere. It's temporary. I'm really hoping it's short temporary. 

At any rate....40 days smokefree. <3



No comments:

Post a Comment