Tuesday 28 June 2011

The healing continues...

Spirituality is a core value in my life. A definite need and one not to be ignored if I'm to put the best me out into the world.  It seems for quite some time now Buddhism is the one way of life that has interested me. I've done some reading here and there. I've attempted meditation a number of times. But have never really learned much about Buddhism.  

So now the journey begins...

How fascinating! And so much to learn! 

I've signed up for a home online-based course and received my first lesson. This week's practical exercise is to think of non-material cravings I may have. I suppose acceptance is one. I went to meet with a personal trainer and it happens to be someone I went to high school with and have not seen in close to twenty years. We were really only acquaintances, but there was still a wanting of acceptance I think. Who wants to meet with someone who doesn't accept them? For me it was only on a client/professional level...but still..acceptance. 

Another big one for me is approval. Not from just anyone, but from my husband and children. I "need" to know now that they "approve" and that the steps I'm taking and choices I'm making in my life today make them proud. It's going to be interesting to see what else I come up with this week. 

I've also joined a Buddhist forum. There is a wealth of information on the site, and links to more sites with more information. Exciting and overwhelming. I only just learned last night what Mala beads were! 

I've printed the five precepts and the noble eightfold path. Seems like a good place to start. For right now I just can't seem to read enough. And I feel "at home" with it. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment